Tuesday 31 January 2012

Post 4 - Madagascar Character Designs

Initial character designs, these are what I have planned for my animation. I know that they may change slightly from critique and feedback, but I decided on these for the voices that I'm going to use in my animation.

The story is that a Captain and two other survivors are walking along a beach and the guy behind (the Navigator) is trying to apologise. Just as he's about to, he's interrupted as the Captain "shh's" him when he hears something. The Navigator then turns to the woman behind and complains. The woman tries to explain that the Captain is upset, but again the Captain "shh's" the woman to try and hear. The woman doesn't like this and tells him so.


This character is a "Captain" character, where he's a leader and in command of the group. He will be at the front leading the others as they walk. I chose a simple Royal Navy inspired design and a single trouser leg is ripped from the ship wreck. I gave him a stern look and cold blue hair to match.



This is the design for the Navigator. I gave him a head scarf and a neck scarf as the traditional sailor outfit has. His clothes were based a lot off the sailors from Disney's "The Little Mermaid" 
I did however loose the stripe design as I felt that it was just a simple animation and I didn't want to complicate the process.


And this is the design for the woman, to whom I tried to give a soft appeal to her as well as make her a little bossy. I initially decided to have her hair pink, but I felt that it was a bit too outstanding, so I tried several different colours before settling for lilac. Her dress colour was also an issue, and I had thought of giving her a yellow dress, but again it was too outstanding and "in your face". I settled with red as it gives a feminine but bold personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment