Monday 30 January 2012

Post 1 - Proposal and Sound Clips for Animation

Proposal

Career Intentions
I would like to pursue a career as an animator working either for a small company or independently. I also like to try my hand at storyboarding and character designing so as I can keep my options open. I am happy to work with either Flash or Photoshop and use After Effects for finishing off. In other skills, I like to paint digitally  in my spare time and I am slowly getting better at drawing poses, but hopefully the work that I do this term will help build my skills on that.

Skills
I often sometimes think that I'm not very good at drawing, but as often as I say this, I am told otherwise. I personally like to work on poses and facial expressions. I am pretty good at animating in general, but I still have plenty to improve on.

Production Pipeline
This term, I plan to get better at animating and drawing in general. I would also like to work on building up to a third year film. I also want to get more involved with my friend's work so as I can gain more skills from their work too. I would like to start by looking into sound clips so as I can animate to them and imagine my own interpretation to the sounds.

*

I looked around for sound clips that weren't too long but long enough to get some action into the piece, so here are a few sounds that I felt I could do:

Madagascar ("shh" between Marty, Alex and Gloria)

The first sound clip (Anchorman - Brian, Champ, Brick and Ron)

The Grinch Movie (Forth clip "dare.wav")

I think that there is opportunity for some great acting from these clips, but I feel that the Grinch clip is a little too easy because of the way Jim Carrey is so animated in his films, and I can't help but think of the same actions that he does, so I'll either go with Anchorman, a film which I haven't seen before, or Madagascar, where I could personify the animal characters to act out actions that only people could perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment