Wednesday 22 February 2012

Post 8 - Week Update

After a talk with both Neil and Peter, I've now decided to go down the pathway of being a storyboard artist. I feel as though I want to draw the poses to tell a story rather than spend my time animating them, because I have so many ideas that I want to get down, and I'm confident about my ability to capture a scene in my head and draw it in the form of a storyboard.

For a task I had been set by Neil, I had to storyboard an action piece, such as a scene from a film, so I took one of my original ideas and did just this.

The scene is about a soldier called Hanley who works for this man, the Master Alystaire, who locates this family living in a derelict house who are fugitives and running from his laws. They find the family and trap them in the house. The Master then orders the house to be burnt down with the family still alive inside. He tells Hanley and two of the others to stay and keep watch to make sure they don't escape. Hanley's conscience overwhelms him however, who despite being trained to strictly follow and obey orders, rushes into the house and saves them, much to the other two soldier's astonishment, and they reluctantly help to save the family as well. But as one of the family member's is saved, another is trapped in the attic and the fire leaves only one option of escape, through a glass window. As they fall to the ground outside, the family and reunited and are told to leave quickly and escape before the Master comes back. As the soldiers return to their fort, they are secretly spied by the Master's ally who reports the incident back to him.

This is my idea, which I have already drawn out and got feedback for, and I was told that although I had a natural instinct to view a scene and draw it out, I should make use of the 'camera' more by not cutting the scene as much, but instead to use a shot that follows the character if they were running towards it. As well as that, I should make it more detailed so as to know which character is which.

In terms of presentation, I should look into PDF formats or set up a folder so as to scroll through the shots quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment